The Hardware Token device you just obtained provides you with the capability of realizing transactions through the Attica Bank e-banking and Attica Mobile with the highest level of security.
How to activate the hardware token device
After you get the Hardware Token device from a branch of Attica Bank, you have to proceed to the activation of the device, following one of the following ways:
- At the Branch
An Attica Bank branch employee may, if you wish, to activate your Hardware Token device, while you are in the branch.
- Contact the Attica Bank Help Desk service
Before logging in to the Attica e-banking, contact the Customer Help desk of the Bank at the phone numbers: (+30) 210-3669000 or 801-11-500900 (from a landline within Greece with a single urban unit charge), so as to request for your device’s activation. You will be requested to provide the 10digit Serial Number of the device which is located at its back side under the form S/N 094ΧΧΧΧΧXΧ.
- Activation through e-banking
This case only is in force for the users who have firstly registered and activated the One- Time-Password (OTP) generation service via SMS (SMS Token)
Under the “Self Management” menu, select the “Activate Hardware Token device” tab.
The following screen will appear:
Enter the device’s10-digit Serial Number which you wish to activate, located at the back of the device under the form S/N 094ΧΧΧΧΧΧ
By selecting “Submit”, a confirmation message appears on the screen and subsequently you will be requested to provide a One-Time-Password (OTP) via SMS:
By selecting “Confirm” a confirmation message appears on the screen. The Hardware Token device has been successfully activated and you can use it with respect your transactions.
How to realize online transactions with the Hardware token device via Attica e-banking system
Perform the following steps each time you wish to realize transactions via Attica e-banking:
- After entering all the related details with respect to a particular transaction of interest, press “Submit”. Then you will be redirected to the transaction confirmation page, which contains all the aforementioned details regarding the transaction as well as the frame “Enter an OTP via Hardware Token device” where you will be requested enter an OTP via a hardware token device.
- Tap and hold the device’s ON/OFF Key button until of the dashes appear on the screen
“--------“ and will be replaced by an 8- digit OTP.
Enter the One-Time-Password (OTP) to the corresponding frame on the confirmation page and press “Confirm” in order for your transaction to be completed. Subsequently the corresponding “Complete Transaction” page will appear on the screen.
- The one-time password (OTP) which is generated from the device remains on the screen for 30 seconds.
- The one-time password (OTP) which is generated by the device can be used only once and you cannot reuse it for another transaction.
- The service of One-time password (OTP) via the Hardware Token device gets locked after 3 unsuccessful attempts of entering the one-time password (OTP) and you should then contact Customer Help Desk of the Bank at the phone numbers: (+30) 210-3669000 or 801-11-500900 (from a landline within Greece with a single urban unit charge), so as to be unlocked.
- If you press again the device button after the display of the 8-digit one-time password (OTP), the screen switches off and you can repeat the process for a new one-time password (OTP) generation.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a Hardware Token Device?
A hardware token device is a digital one-time –password (OTP) generation device. The device generates a unique OTP each time the Key is pressed, which is used in order to realize and complete a transaction through the Attica e-banking system.
- Why Attica Bank does uses Hardware Token Devices?
The Hardware Token device combines the highest security level with the ease in bank transaction executions offering the following benefits:
- It is light and small in size,
- You can carry it all the time with you,
- It has a long life duration,
- There is no need for any special program installation in your computer.
- What should I do when I obtain a Hardware Token device?
If you are holding only a Hardware Token device, contact the Customer Help Desk of the Bank in the numbers: (+30) 210-3669000 ή 801-11-500900 (from a landline within Greece with a single urban unit charge), so as to activate your device.
- What should I do if I lose the hardware token or the device gets damaged?
In case you lose your device, for security purposes, you should claim the loss to Customer Help Desk of the Bank at the phone numbers: (+30) 210-3669000 or 801-11-500900 (from a landline within Greece with a single urban unit charge) so that the device gets committed by the system.
You can obtain a new device by one of our branches.
If the device gets damaged (e.g. the screen doesn’t switch on), then you should return it to the branch so as to be replaced. The time of replacement guarantee is 1 year.
- Can by Hardware Token device be used by another individual?
No, the device cannot be used by another individual. Your device corresponds uniquely to your Username and no third party can use it and perform transactions.
- I enter the correct OTP but the transaction does not get completed. Why?
In that case, one of the following scenarios could happen:
- You have not activated the device (check FAQ 3).
- There has been a long time since your last act and your device possibly has got unsynchronized.
Contact the Customer Help Desk of the Bank at the phone numbers: (+30) 210-3669000 or 801-11-500900 (from a landline within Greece with a single urban unit charge), so as to ask for support.
- Apart from Hardware Token device, is there any other way for one-time password entry?
Apart from Hardware Token device, Attica Bank provides the service of sending one-time passwords (OTP) via SMS to your mobile phone (SMS Token). In order to register and activate this service, you can:
- Address to the closest branch of Attica Bank.
- You can subscribe to the service via e-banking system according to the following steps:
- You should have obtained and activated a Hardware Token device
- On the Attica e-banking access homepage, enter your Username & Password in order to log in to the e-banking service.
- From ‘Self Management’ menu, select “Register for SMS OTP” tab to enroll to the service by registering the mobile phone number where you wish to receive the OTPs.
- In order to activate the service of sending one-time passwords via SMS, from ‘Self Management’ menu, select “Activate/Verify SMS/OTP”.
- Attica Bank Customer Help Desk
- Contact numbers: (+30) 210-3669000 ή 801-11-500900 (from a landline within Greece, charged by one urban unit)
- Fax: (+30)2102280817
- Ensure to keep the Hardware Token device in a safe place to avoid so it will not be stolen.
- We recommend that you use your device under normal temperature and humidity conditions, taking into account that the device is not waterproof.
- Avoid pressing the device Key button unless you are about to realize a transaction. Unnecessary use reduces battery.
- The device’s battery is not replaceable. Any infringement act will have as a result its destruction and so it is not covered by the guarantee.