Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) – Attica Mobile
What is Attica Mobile?
Attica Mobile is the mobile Banking of Attica Bank. After the installation of the application (to your mobile device), you have the ability to manage your accounts and make monetary and managerial transactions, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, fast, easy and securely.
What are the advantages of using Attica Mobile?
By using Attica Mobile you assure:
• Access to your accounts 24/7
• Ease and speed for your daily transactions.
• Maximum security using popular security protocols.
• Security and privacy of your banking data.
How can I become an Attica Mobile user?
To register free online to the service, choose “Online Registration to Attica e-Banking” via the Login Screen and follow the steps. The procedure is simple and will take only a couple of minutes. In order to register, you need to own at least one active account or active debit / credit card in Attica Bank, as well as to have declared your mobile phone number and e-mail at the Bank. Your credentials will be created online and then you can immediately access Attica e-Banking and Attica Mobile .
Alternatively you can register for the service at any branch of Attica Bank. The cost for the creation of your credentials via the branch is 5 €
How secure is Attica Mobile?
Attica Bank assures maximum security of your transactions, by applying latest technologies and popular security protocols in order to access Attica Mobile.
We provide advanced methods of securing your web, smartphone and tablet transactions, protecting the privacy of your personal and banking data. It is important that you choose computers and devices that you personally control and you do not reveal your credentials to others.
Moreover, the 8 digit password (One Time Password), that you receive every time you wish to make changes at your banking settings or to create financial transactions, increases your transactions security, as it is being created based only on this specific transaction data.
I forgot my credentials. What is the procedure that I have to follow?
In case you have forgotten your credentials, contact Attica Bank’s Customer Service at the numbers +30210-3669000, +30210-3669600 or 801-11-500900 (if you are calling from domestic phone number).
The agents will guide you through the process you need to follow.
My account has been blocked. What is the procedure that I have to follow?
For your protection, your account will be blocked after continuous unsuccessful tries of logging in. In this case you must contact Attica Bank’s Customer Service at the phones +30210-3669000, +30210-3669600 or 801-11-500900 (if you are calling from domestic phone number). The agents will guide you through the process you need to follow, depending on the reason that your account was blocked.
In any case Attica Bank will never ask you to reveal your Password.
Can I change my credentials via Attica Mobile?
You can change your credentials via Attica Mobile. Choose the “User” icon, and you will find the options “Change Username” and “Change Password”, where you can edit them.
Keep in mind that in case you edit your credentials via one channel (Attica e-banking or Attica Mobile), the new credentials become operative at all channels for the same user.
How can I log in to Attica Mobile?
There are three (3) available options to log in to Attica Mobile:
• Via Credentials: Enter the username and password you use to login to Attica e-banking.
• Via PIN: Select the user avatar and if your device is registered to the application, you will be redirected to the corresponding screen where you have to enter the PIN you have set in the menu “Manage Devices”.
• Via Fingerprint or Faceid (if it is supported by your device): Select the user avatar and if your device is registered, you will be redirected to the corresponding screen where you can use your fingerprint or faceid.
How should I protect my credentials?
Credentials are used to identify you as a user to your login access to Attica Mobile.
Credentials are used to identify you as a user to your login access to Attica Mobile. For your maximum protection:
• The password is strictly personal and confidential. We recommend that you neither record it nor disclose it to third parties.
• Do not use Credentials that one can easily assume such as birth dates, names, telephones etc.
• If you suspect that your password has leaked in any way, modify it directly through the "Change password" option under the "Self-Management" menu, which will be shown after you select the “User” icon.
• Avoid making transactions via Attica Mobile by using Smartphones or Tablets of third parties.
What are One-Time-Passwords or OTPs?
In order to have full access and the capability to make transactions (managerial or financial transactions) you need to insert a One-Time-Password (OTP). Your One-Time-Password (OTP) is securing your transactions even more, as it is being created based this specific transaction data. Specifically, in order to have full access and the capability to make transactions (managerial or financial), you will need to insert a One-Time-Password (OTP) for extra security for the execution of this transaction. OTP is being generated and sent:
• Via the Hardware Token Device
• Via SMS to the mobile phone number you have declared at the bank during your application.
If you lose your Hardware Token or your mobile phone, you must contact immediately Attica Bank’s Customer Service at the numbers +30210-3669000, +30210-3669600 or 801-11-500900 (if you are calling from domestic phone number), in order to deactivate the Hardware Token or SMS OTP Service (SMS Token).
I enter the One-Time-Password or OTP and it is not acceptable. Why can this happen?
One-Time-Password is not being accepted at the following occasions:
• The Maximum “lifetime” of One-Time-Password has expired (2 minutes).
• You inserted 3 wrong One-Time-Passwords in continuous order.
• You have requested 5 continuous times for a One-Time-Password and you have not used it.
• The One-Time-Password you are trying to use has been generated for a different transaction than the one you are trying to execute.
• The Hardware Token Device has been desynchronized.
For the above occasions, contact Attica Bank's Customer Service at +30 210-3669000, + 30210-3669600 or 801-11-500900 (if you are calling from domestic phone number).
What monetary transactions can I execute through Attica Mobile?
The transactions that you can complete via Attica Mobile are the following:
• Transfers between your accounts.
• Transfers to other Attica Bank accounts.
• SEPA Transfers to other domestic banks or foreign countries.
• Bill payments to Organizations/Companies
• Load Prepaid Cards.
• Attica Bank’s Credit Card Payment.
• Credit Card Payments of Other Banks
• Creation of Direct debits for Bill payments
What are Favorite accounts on Attica Mobile?
Favorite accounts are defined as the accounts you have selected by pressing the “heart” icon (which is located next to each account) to be displayed on the application’s dashboard when you log in to the Attica Mobile.
How can I receive the receipt of a monetary transaction via Attica Mobile?
You can receive the transaction receipt in two ways:
1. Once you have completed your transaction via Attica Mobile, a pop-up is displayed with the option “Cyber receipt”. By clicking on it, you can view the receipt of your transaction. By selecting “Share”, you can:
• Save the receipt to your device
• Send the receipt via another application (ex. Email)
2. By selecting “Online Activity” via the “User” menu, you can view all the monetary transactions you have previously created and download the receipt of the transaction you select.
What are the Templates?
Templates are stored transactions that are being used in transfers/payments that you make often. By creating templates you can make transactions faster and you lower the risk of a mistype in the data fields of transactions. Templates are being separated in two categories:
- Templates for Monetary Transactions.
- Templates for Beneficiaries.
You can create a template for monetary transaction at the end of its completion. As far as the templates for beneficiaries are concerned, you can create them via Attica e-banking and then use your stored beneficiaries for your monetary transactions via Attica Mobile.
What are Alerts Notifications?
To be protected and updated about any change of your credentials at Attica e-banking and Attica Mobile, the Bank sends you notifications (Alerts) at your mobile phone via SMS or/and email. You do not have the option to disable these alerts, so as to avoid any occasion of security infraction or potential fraud.
For your monetary transactions via Attica e-banking or Attica Mobile, you can choose whether or not you‘ll receive Alerts. These alerts will be sent to your mobile phone via SMS or/and email and will refer to the specific monetary transaction completed each time.
What are Secure Messages?
Via secure messages functionality, you can securely receive informational messages by Attica Bank.
What is Tax Free expense?
Through Attica e-banking and Attica Mobile, you can find out about the "Tax Free Expense", that is the amount of the expenses you have incurred using electronic means of payment and which are counted on the tax-free amount. There is an available analysis of these expenditure by category for the last two fiscal years.